Monday, December 20, 2010

34 weeks and 5 days. LABOR DAY

After Travis and I went to bed we woke up about 9 and just talked and cuddled in bed. At about 10:45ish all the sudden I felt a gush of something downstairs. I went to the bathroom and my underwear was soaked. I just though oh that could just be another sign of being pregnant (yeah it was a sign all right it's calling your water breaking) I went back in to the room and told Travis that I thought my water broke. He bolted out of bed, while he was in a frantic panic I called my mom and sister to double check and see what they thought. Sure enough they both told me the same thing. We called American Fork hospital to see if they suggested we go there or to Utah Valley due to them being pre-mature and may need the NICU. Then my Dr called and said to just go to Utah Valley. We got to Utah Valley at about 11:15 that morning. They did some tests just to make sure and sure enough I was right and in labor. They put me back on all the monitors and IV's. They put me on pitocin for about 10 minutes but then didn't see anything change so they took me off (Dr's orders) Every time they checked me I was still the same and it was getting very frustrating because the contractions were so close together and painful. Finally after about 3 hours I had dialted to a 4-5 and then got an epidural. This part hurt worse than the labor contractions. It took the Dr about 45 minutes to get the dang thing in my back. He couldn't get it in the right spot because he said my anatomy was different and he had to go in from the side. After I got that I was feeling so much better, until I started throwing up. I was very sick through labor and threw up a lot. We started calling family and letting them know where I was and what was going on. We started taking guesses on what we thought what the kids would weigh and what time I'd have them. We all guessed fairly close together until we called my sister-in-law Lani and Tessa who both guessed around 2:00am the next day. So everyone started changing their times, but I kept mine. They doctor came in and broke my water for baby A because baby B was the one who's broke first. After he broke the water it still seemed like it took forever to get them here. Well 9:3o I had jumped from a 4 to a 9 then in 5 minutes I was at a 10. They just let me contract for a bit and just wanted to see if baby A would come down further. 10:00 I started pushed at 11:00 they wheeled me to the OR and at 11:11pm Zander J Vantassell was born at 11:15 his baby brother Korbin Curtis Vantassel was born. Zander weighed 4 lbs 8 oz and was 17 1/2 inches long and Korbin weighed 4 lbs even and 17 1/2 inches long. It was the best day of my life. They took them back to a room to clean them off. Travis was able to go back there and see them.I only got to see them for a minute because they had to take them to the NICU. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me and Travis.

2 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

Thanks for posting the story, I didn't get a chance to really talk to you last night. Thankfully your little guys are in good hands at Provo and made it almost 35 weeks. I hope you get lots of rest and cuddling time with your cute little guys! Merry Christmas!!!

RhettandCass said...

I'm so excited for your little family! I can't wait to see your cute cute boys! Thanks for posting your story. Its such a personal/spiritual experience. They are like little angels when you first get to see them! I hope you have a very merry Christmas! Sending lots of love!!