Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blogging




Oh blogging!!!! I am terrible at blogging. I need to get better and dedicate myself more too it.

It has been really crazy for us since the last time I blogged. The boys are getting so big and doing some of the funniest things. I enjoy them so much. They are learning so much every day, and are understanding a lot.

When it's time for a nap, and I ask them if they want to take a nap they find their blankies, and go straight to their room and wait for me at their cribs. When I ask if they want a snack they go straight for the pantry and decide which snack they want. Basically, when I ask them anything they go straight to where ever it is.

Zander is a ball of energy. He runs everywhere. He is definitely the big brother, he wants whatever Korbin has even if he has the exact same toy. The two of them have become more interactive with each other. There are times when I am in the kitchen cleaning or starting dinner I will hear both of them laughing together. It melts my heart. Zander will push Korbin down or pull his hair until Korbin gives the toy up or moves out of Zander's way. It is very frustrating and I am working hard to break that habit.

Korbin is still my sweet cautious child. He observes everything before he even attempts it. It is like he knows and can tell whether or not it is safe. He has becoming to be a little rough houser (probably because he has had to start defending himself.) He laughs at everything, but also whines when he is trying to get Zander in trouble. I can already see how much he looks up to Zander and just adores him. It's crazy because they are only 4 minutes apart. They couldn't be more different then what they are.

As for me and Travis we are busy as ever. Travis is hard at work at Smith Auto in Spanish Fork and couldn't be more grateful for him. He sacrifices so much for this family. Zander and Korbin absolutely adore him. I love watching them play and hearing them talk and jibber jabber at him like they are telling him their whole day. They love when he reads them books. I enjoy every second of watching their relationship grow. He is the most involved amazing dad that I have ever seen.

For me, I just got my Associates degree and started my Bachelors program. It has been crazy trying to get things squared away to continue my education. I have been cramming to take my Praxis in the next couple of weeks, and trying to get a few things figured out. I am very proud of myself and the accomplishments I have had being a mom to twins. It's crazy to think that I am a full-time mom and a full-time student on top of that, and still pulled amazing grades. I have come a long way in the last 16 months. I have grown in so many ways and have really found myself in what I want to be as a mother and just as a person. I have reflected on the relationships that are worth having and the ones that aren't. I have seen the people that truly care and that are there for me and those who aren't. It has been a bitter/sweet last few months. I never thought finding yourself would be such an emotional roller coaster and really having to think of where you want your efforts to be placed and really knowing if you decide to place them there if those efforts will be returned. I tell myself it is a gamble and where you place them. Sometimes you will get lucky and see they are returned and others you will find that they won't at all. When that happens you bet some place else and hope you get lucky. :)

I have realized how blessed I am with my amazing little family, and have now come to understand the true meaning of unconditional love. My patience has deepened, my empathy has gotten much more, and my love has grown. I love my kids and Travis, and love where our lives our. We run into trials but we face them together and we are stronger each time for it. I wake up everyday more grateful then the last. I am a GREAT mom and a GREAT care giver to Travis.

Anyway that is our lives up to this point. There is so much more going on, but I don't have all night to type it out and go in to every detail of what we have been doing.

1 comment:

Radiant Red said...

You are amazing! You deserve to give yourself credit. I am so impressed by you. I admire your positivity. Keep going cutie!